Espresso Vanilla Porter | Liberty Steakhouse Brewery

Added by Onenote81 on 08-18-2010

3.75/5  rDev -1.8%

3.75/5  rDev -1.8%

3.97/5  rDev +3.9%

A new offering from Liberty. Had today at the brewpub after lunch. I tried their Espresso Porter a few months ago, so I was excited to see this little gem on tap.

Came out a deep dark black with a thin tan head on top. Big roasted coffee scents abound. I can sense the sweetness in the nose some, but it's not that strong. Some mild nuttiness on the finish.

The mouth is full-bodied and creamy. Carbonation level is good for the style. Great bittering black coffee flavor, but unlike the nose, I can sense the vanilla much more prominently in the taste. A great sweet creamy finish on this beer. Similar to a Milk Stout. I really liked this. Here's hoping they keep up with the Espresso-versioned beers. They're great!

Espresso Vanilla Porter from Liberty Steakhouse Brewery