Bine

Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 12 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.24/5  rDev +3.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Nice change of pace from all the tropical fruit bombs I've been having lately. Pithy grapefruit rind and bitter, resinous pine with scant caramel balance.

4.25/5  rDev +3.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I often feel like The CANQuest (tm) is outta CANtrol any more! I have a serious backlog that I am CANstantly trying to get caught up, people keep laying more CANs on me, I go to buy a few CANs & come home with a case … It is unreal! For insCANce, where in the h**l did this one come from? I was a frequent traveler to PHXville in 2015 when I was in training in KofP for the state, but Root Down did not exist back then! Me = scoobied.

From the CAN: "7.1% alc./vol."

That last bit may seem frivolous, but I lost a LOT of reviews when this site removed "Serving Style" & I now want to delineate when I have different serving styles.

I Crack!ed open the vent & beCAN a slow, gentle Glug on this CAN of unknown origin. I was highly relieved when it simply foamed up to form just under two fingers of dense, foamy, rocky, bone-white head with excellent retention, leaving loads of lacing in its wake as it fell. Color was Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 - 5) with NE-quality clarity, prompting an impromptu visit from The Gelt Gang of Croesus, Mammon & Midas, all clamoring for a taste. Nose was going really old skool with a smell of pine resin. That's it. Nothing else. Just pine. Unadorned. Mmm. Mouthfeel was medium-to-full, not quite creamy, but big for an AIPA. The taste was like licking pine sap running down the bark of a pine tree in the middle of a pine forest in the middle of winter as snow falls all around you. Lemme break it down for you - it was cool, minty, pine & unlike anything in recent memory. This was what AIPAs tasted like 20+ years ago! Not Black/Cascadian. Not tropical fruit. Pine and/or grapefruit. Simple, just like me. Finish was cool, dry, minty & redolent with pine. 8=O More, please! YMMV.

4.4/5  rDev +7.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Hop profile is amazing. Resinous, piney. Don't hate this because you can see through it. As good as any of the IPAs out there today. Will drive keeps whenever I see it

Bine from Root Down Brewing Company