This Is A Story

n/a
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 4 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.04/5  rDev +1.3%

Hazy IPA with Citra, Ekuanot and Strata hops.

Pouring from a 16 oz. can into a snulip glass, this beer pours out a deep, murky orange. It forms a loose, but well held, two finger crown of bubbles.

The nose brings a saison like, earthy barnyard notes, straw and hay; I’m guessing it’s the yeast. the background is melon like hops.

The taste comes in with melon and citrus. It slightly dips into oranges before melding into that barnyard hay and straw. It even finishes like a saison; which isn’t a bad thing to me.

The mouthfeel is soft and dry. Not lacking in body or carbonation. This thing even has saison like carbonation. Kind of crazy.

Overall, I would love to drink another, but I think it would take a person who likes saisons to like this; my own personal opinion. But I like saisons, so that earthy, barnyard straw aspect didn’t bother me.

4.04/5  rDev +1.3%

Hazy orange color with fluffy white head. Smells of citrus and hop undertones. Smooth taste of tropical fruits (mango, pineapple), with slight dank undertones on the finish. Thick-ish smooth mouthfeel. Probably the best take on the NEIPA style I’ve had during my short visit to the Raleigh-Durham area. Missing some of the huge juicy tropical flavors the ones back home have but a really respectful take on the style. Smooth and flavorful without the bitterness. Well done and glad I had a chance to check out this brewery while I was in town. They’re doing some really creative stuff that everybody should try even if it’s out of their comfort zone.

3.7/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Opaque orange-tan with a persistent white fuzzy film thickening at the collar.

Smell is dank yet earthy and herbal with a vegetal nuttiness, and light citrus zest.

Taste is more spicy of herbal cannabis with biscuit and shortbread malt, and accents of orange and grapefruit. This features unique flavors that are hard to place, like Asian or South America fruits, with a frothy, full body and a bone dry finish.

This Is A Story from Barrel Culture Brewing and Blending