De Zwarte Ruiter | Gulpener Bierbrouwerij B.V.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Gulpener Bierbrouwerij B.V.
Netherlands | website

Style: Belgian Dark Ale

Added by BeerAdvocate on 06-26-2003

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
1.58/5  rDev n/a

#4

Liquid Pez that was pushed upon me by Keith (BeerFinancier) and Dave (Rapopoda). This poured a nice enough brown colour but the aroma was that of liquid candy. The taste was more of the same: liquid pez in a bottle. The mouthfeel was thin and soda-like and the drinkability was.....well, there wasnt any drinkability to this stuff, even after one sip!

F

2.44/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

I liked the 'cola' description, I agree. Although I would've probably said thinned motor oil.. and since I like that look I was optimistic. Poured with a cream colored bubbly head that quickly faded. Smells like Hersey, PA and my mouth (the glutton in me) started watering. I've got a sweet tooth but this was too much, it's very sweet and 'fizzly'. VERY sweet. Fisher Price My First Beer for a toddler maybe. Didn't notice anything after that as my tongue was lashed into submission. Finished the one, the rest are stored away for 'friends'.

De Zwarte Ruiter from Gulpener Bierbrouwerij B.V.
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.