Mountain Monk | Big Horse Brew Pub / Horse Feathers & Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Big Horse Brew Pub / Horse Feathers & Co.
Oregon, United States
bighorsebrewpub.com

Style: Dubbel

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beertunes on 06-27-2011

3.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I think this the right name for this beer, but the brewery doesn't have a website for me to double check the info on.

Thanks to Amber for bringing this back for me. Shared with Amber, Sarah, Chris, Nancy, Jim and Dylan. The beer poured a clean, clear reddish-brown with about 3/4 inch of off-white/light tan head that had decent retention and very light lacing.

The aroma was fairly typical for the style, grainy, spicy, yeasty and a touch fruity. The flavors were the same, just came across as better developed. There was a nice yeast flavor and an interesting spice finish.

The body was about average for the style, full and well-rounded without being heavy. Drinkability was good, my pint went down easily and everyone else's tasters were drained quickly. Everyone agreed that this was a nice beer. Overall, a pretty take on the style. This is my first beer from them and I look forward to trying more.

PS to Big Horse: Get a freakin' website. Facebook is no way to get info to the folks.

Mountain Monk from Big Horse Brew Pub / Horse Feathers & Co.