Bâtisserie Double Marshmallow S'Mores Stout

Wants
Gots
SCORE
Outstanding
Notes: Imperial pastry stout brewed with graham crackers, marshmallows, cocoa and lactose. Brewed with twice the amount of marshmallows as the regular Batisserie S’Mores Stout.
Reviews: 5 | Ratings: 13 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.17/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Pours pitch black. 3 finger brown head. The head retention is quite good. Some lacing on the glass as the head dissipates.
I get a nice hit of vanilla, chocolate, and lactose. Not really getting any marsh mellow or graham cracker.
Taste - I get a creamy taste up front. I do get graham cracker on the backside. I also get a nice vanilla hit throughout. I'm getting just the faintest hint of chocolate.
Creamy mouthfeel. Quite thick and full bodied.
Solid beer, and quite delicious.

3.98/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Poured into a snifter. Opaque dark brown with a fairly thick and resilient tan head. Aroma and taste were spot on, with lots of marshmallow, vanilla, milk chocolate, and graham cracker, in that order. Feel is thick and viscous. Wow is this sweet. Like others, I had a hard time finishing this one. Well-executed, but only for those with a sweet tooth.

3.92/5  rDev -7.3%

Had on tap at Orange and Brew. Well there certainty is a lot going on in this beer. It is thick and rich and the chocolate plays nicely with the marshmallow. I also get a small bit of vanilla. My issue with this beer is that it's a bit over the top. It's very sweet and for some people that's what they're looking for. But I don't think I could handle more than one of these at a time.

4.31/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Lighter black with a good amount of tan foam bubbling up and sticking around. I loved the original, really captured the essence of the smore in taste and feel, with artful nuance. This one throws that all out the original in order to give us liquid marshmallow with some chocolate and graham cracker. Truly one of, if not the most, marshmallow forward beers I have ever had. It is really good, because who doesn't like marshmallows? But it doesn't capture the smore as well as the orignal. Feel is very sweet, fluffy, and creamy, but dries the mouth a good bit with the occasional cloying. The wife loved it, so we disagree about if this or the original is better

4.08/5  rDev -3.5%

16oz can, date stamped 070919. Thick creamy tan head slowly fades atop a thick pitch black beer. Sweetness permeates the nose with sugary marshmallow, vanilla, chocolate, and biscuity graham cracker. Cloyingly sweet flavors of marshmallow, vanilla, milk chocolate, lactose, graham cracker, and faint roast. Crazy thick body, velvety smooth and sticky sweet, alcohol is well concealed, finish is super sweet. Overall, really good flavors but I'm wishing I had shared it with someone because it's so cloyingly sweet.

Bâtisserie Double Marshmallow S'Mores Stout from Energy City Brewing