Tropicopia

Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Shlar from Minnesota

4.69/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Venn are back at it as, in my opinion, one of the top 3 hazy IPA brewers in the game in MN. The suffix "copia" alludes to what I believe is their flagship IPA "chronicopia". This one, however, is MUCH hazier! Straight tropical fruit, yet not overly sweet whatsoever. It's sweet without being sappy, fruity without being sugary... I love when these hazy IPA's do this -- reach a profound sweetness without actually being sugary, saccharine, sappy, or any other unpleasant notes of conventional sweet beverages.
It lacks a little bit of bitterness, pineyness, but god damn, as far as tropical ales go...... this one is a 6/5. If I were back in Hawaii, and could only choose one ale for the entire trip.... I'd have to choose this. It's astonishing. Venn's classic robust and rich STANK is a huge factor here. Perhaps it is a special yeast or malt, idk. But Venn really has this trademark calm, warm, robust stank to their ales that seriously has me in love. Thank you VENN! I want to see 4-packs of these hazy bois in stores S00N!

Feb 23, 2020
Tropicopia from Venn Brewing Co.