Domhof Weizen | Domhof Hausbrauerei

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by aracauna on 12-02-2003

4.25/5  rDev +1.7%

3.98/5  rDev -4.8%

I had this (vom fass) at the brew-pub.

A: Hazy caramel (between a helles & a dunkel). Off-white head, some retention and lace.

S: Bready, slight banana aroma.

T: Flavour is fairly mild, slightly sweet. Bready, slight banana, hint of spice.

M: Moderate body is creamy. Carbonation is moderate.

D: Very drinkable.

4.34/5  rDev +3.8%

I had a friend who brought a bottle of this and the Helles back from Germany and let me taste it not long after his return. This is an amazing beer. I'd love to get the chance to taste it side by side with Schneider Weisse. I'm thinking this beer would win. Too bad, this is likely my only chance to taste it unless I go to Germany. Like Schneider, it's on the dark side of style, yellowing, cloudy, caramel chew color. The head is nice. BIG aroma. Plenty of banana, just enough clove to balance, a little bit of other spiciness going on underneath. In the back of the flavor, the wheat comes out from under the banana and cloves to give what is otherwise a soft beer a fairly crisp finish. Still, the flavor comes short of the aroma's promise. Excellent hefeweizen.

Domhof Weizen from Domhof Hausbrauerei