Old Hophead | Humes Brewing Company

Added by audiojon on 06-06-2006

4.4

Reviews by audiojon:
4.4/5  rDev 0%

This has got to be my biggest find ever. A 1997 Reserve from a brewery that is no longer in business. There were 2 on the shelf, I really hope the other one is there when I get back to the store! This is listed on the bottle as a Barleywine style ale, but it could sub for a DIPA. It is a bit richer than a DIPA, granted, but being that this has been aged 8+ years, it remarkably still has some hop bite! "Wow" is about all I can say about this. I can't make it back to the store this came from until 1.5 weeks from now and will be crushed if someone else grabbed the last one...

Old Hophead from Humes Brewing Company