Hertog Jan Oud Bruin | Arcense Stoombierbouwerij (Hertog Jan Brouwerij)

Hertog Jan Oud BruinHertog Jan Oud Bruin
Liked This Beer
4 w/ 1 ratings
Hertog Jan Oud BruinHertog Jan Oud Bruin

Arcense Stoombierbouwerij (Hertog Jan Brouwerij)
Netherlands
hertogjan.nl

Style: Euro Dark Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Doesn't fit to Flanders Oud Bruin beer style category. Fits to Oud Bruin from Netherlands. It means uncomplicated in aroma and taste, low alcohol (usually 2,5% to 3,5% by ABV), semi-dark (amber) to dark lager with dominant sweetness.

Micheal Jackson translates Oud Bruin from Netherlands like Old Brown Lager.

Added by Jason on 03-01-2005

Liked:
4/5
Alströms:

4/5  rDev 0%

A nice dark ale. I got this at a bar in Amsterdam after dinner and was pleasantly suprised. It was strong, with a nutty smell and flavor. Good head retention, very dark color. Smooth yet bold flavor. I wish I hadn't discovered this one on my last night there, because I would have liked to order this one with a meal.

Hertog Jan Oud Bruin from Arcense Stoombierbouwerij (Hertog Jan Brouwerij)
Beer rating: 0 out of 100 with 1 ratings