Solamente | Rubicon Brewing Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Rubicon Brewing Company
rubiconbrewing.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Floydster on 10-03-2008

3.4/5  rDev 0%

On-tap at the Beachwood BBQ, labeled as a Mexican-style lager beer,

A: Pours a clear, very pale yellow, with a thin white head, fair retention, mild lacing, typical look in the style.

S: Notes of corn, tortilla chips, cereal grain.

T: Very much tastes of corn chips up front. Some husky and grainly malt comes up, very light hop in the finish. Taste is very similar to Tecate.

M: Very light-bodied, carbonation is nice and not overdone as many in this style are, it doesn't feel force-carbonated, a refreshing feel.

D: This is probably the lightest beer I've ever had at Beachwood. I've had Port's Amigo Lager and liked it more as just gave me more hop flavour. For the macro style it's nice, certainly no hop flavours. Always interesting when a small brewer does a macro style like Rogue did with their Malt Liquor. In the end I'm glad I tried it, but it's bound to be a one and done for me.

3.53/5  rDev 0%

Pint at Beachwood BBQ today for $5.50, this is a Mexican-style lager, I was not expecting much, just wanted something light and refreshing later on

A-Completely clear golden yellow body, big one inch foamy white head that did not last very long, some retention, no lacing
S-Skunkiness, toasted bread, mild hops, cornmeal, grassy accents, metallic notes, and faint malt
T-Could pass as the run of the mill beer from all the big breweries except for its milky feel, creamier than most lagers I have actually, not sweet but just thicker, could taste a lot of malt and some bread in the middle, finish had a bit of a metallic taste and some hops, gets sweeter with time, better cold and much easier to drink then, not bad for what it is
M-Crisp, dry, and somewhat creamy mouthfeel, body is pretty thin, nice popping level of carbonation, taste goes away quickly
D-Could drink numerous pints of this stuff, seemed very light in alcohol, quite sessionable, smooth and refreshing

This brought me back to the days of drinking Corona during the summer time, very similar in many ways, cool to see a microbrewery taking a stab at this type of beer, would not drink again but glad I tried, worth trying

Solamente from Rubicon Brewing Company