Lucknow IPA | Castle Springs Brewing Company

4.41 w/ 4 ratings

Castle Springs Brewing Company
New Hampshire, United States

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by BeerAdvocate on 05-05-1998

Liked:
4.41/5
Alströms:

Reviews by jermar:

Being able to puchase this beer for $4.99 a six pack (no deposit) at a Nashua, NH Market Basket kept me at a nearby job for months longer than I otherwise would have stayed. Now that I'm ensconced in the Greater Boston area, I can't believe how much I miss it!! Well worth hunting down.

4.13/5  rDev -6.3%

Presentation: Impressive picture of an estate (Castle Springs Estate, where the beer is brewed), and various hallmarks defining their version of an IPA adorn the bottle. No freshness date.

Appearance: Dark golden and clear with a healthy chunky head, that coats the empty parts of the vessel.

Smell: High levels of deep fruity sweetness mixed with extreme hop oil aromas.

Taste: This brew is not drunk, but unraveled. Dense sweet malts changing to an intense hop bitterness/leaf flavour, intermingling with a grainy finish. An aftertaste of grains and hops lingers on and on.

Notes: By far, and to-date, one of the best American IPAs I've had the pleasure to drink.

4.5/5  rDev +2%

I make trips up to Portsmouth to get this beer every month, I hate to say it but it is better than Harpoon IPA. Between the killer head and the aroma of fresh hops, very smooth mouth feel to the bitter-sweet mix of hops and malt this is an all time favourite.

Lucknow IPA from Castle Springs Brewing Company