Gulden Craen | Brouwerij De Leckere

Liked:
3.82/5
Alströms:

3.5/5  rDev -8.4%

Pours a hazy pale orange color with a fluffy white head that fades quickly leaving a small amount of lacing.

Smell is of cinnamon, bread, and honey.

Tastes is grainy. There is a slight dry period in the middle that taste of orange peel. The beer is actually a bit chewy with a dry bread like mouthfeel. A slight sweetness to things. The end of the beer comes of with barley and hop bitterness. The finish is quite dry and the bitterness lingers for a bit.

At first sip I wasn't expecting much but by the time I got to the middle and toward the end my opinion of it had changed. Drinking this beer reminds me of chewing on barley, from the build up of flavor to the aftertaste. Very tasty brew.

3.77/5  rDev -1.3%

An orange, amber colored beer with a small head.

Smell is grainy with a nutty and slightly spicy undertone of gale and ginger. Some hints of honey.

Taste is grainy with a light colored caramel maltiness. The yeast adds a fruity taste and emphasizes the maltiness. Notes of honey. The spices puzzle me, there is an earthy and grassy taste to the beer, but I cannot figure out what it is. Maybe it is the yeast or the hop, but maybe some spice. A medium bitterness grows when I finish the glass.

Gulden Craen from Brouwerij De Leckere