Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Dunkel)
Oranjeboom Bierbrouwerij B. V.

Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Dunkel)Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Dunkel)
Beer Geek Stats:
Style:
German Dunkelweizen
ABV:
Score:
Needs more ratings
2.88 | pDev: 22.92%
From:
Oranjeboom Bierbrouwerij B. V.

Netherlands
Avail:
Year-round
Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Dunkel)Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Dunkel)
Notes:
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5
3.8/5  rDev +31.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

The CANQuest (tm) knows and has no boundaries! I found a guy in China (!) who now ships me CANs & this is one from the haul.

From the CAN: "Brewed in accordance with the German Purity Law"; "Traditionelle Deutsche Rezepte".

Once again, my tall Hefeweizen glass allowed me to CANduct an inverted Glug, following a loud Crack! This produced three fingers of beautiful, dense, light-tan head that defied today's heat & humidity before falling away to wisps. Color was Brown to Dark Brown (SRM = > 22, < 27) with a hazy-cloudiness that hovered between the two. The nose smelled like banana bread! I baked a loaf of it as my first independent Foods 1 project as a high school sophomore & we had it as part of Thanksgiving dinner in 1980. I still love to bake, but I seldom do. 8=( Nose, to be more precise, was banana esters and a roasty breadiness. Banana bread. I even think that we may have used an unbleached (dark) wheat flour for our bread. It was progressive for the time, but Mrs. Minnich was into organics, sorghum and even opened my eyes to the hazards of High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS), which was just beginning to creep into foodstuffs. Man, those were great times! If I liked their earlier Hefeweissbier, I really loved this one! Once again, the banana esters were held in check, but this time, by dark malts. Mmmm, yum! Mouthfeel was medium. The taste was very much of doughy banana bread made with dark, unbleached flour. It probably would not be on for a hefeweizen purist, but I am far removed from that. It is probably one of my least-favorite styles, except for when it is made as a lager. So be it! I could drink these two all day. Finish was in that nether region of semi-sweet bordering on semi-dry. I t was tasty & refreshing on a hot, humid summer day, which is the objective, I believe.

Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Dunkel) from Oranjeboom Bierbrouwerij B. V.