Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Hefetrüb)
Oranjeboom Bierbrouwerij B. V.

Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Hefetrüb)Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Hefetrüb)
Beer Geek Stats: | Print Shelf Talker
Score:
Ranked #43,162
3.23 | pDev: 13.93%
From:
Oranjeboom Bierbrouwerij B. V.

Netherlands
Avail:
Year-round
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Okay
Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Hefetrüb)Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Hefetrüb)
Notes:
Reviews: 8 | Ratings: 18
2.64/5  rDev -18.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

L- Slightly cloudy straw. Thick head recedes quite slowly. Very little ongoing carbonation.
S- Hoppy spice.
T- Weissbrau toastiness.
F- Gas very thin. Flavour gives way to a sense of wateriness.
O- It comes over as under-carboanted, with a thin flavour. I wouldn't but it again.
Added from old/mislaid notes. 500ml can. Drunk on 19/6/15 in Singapore.

3.35/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Golden color, not as opaque as I like in beers of this style. 2.5 finger head that quickly dissipates. Smell is a bit sweeter than I’m used to for a hefe. Not bad though. Strong hints of banana on the front end. Mouthfeel is very light in terms of carbonation. A bit watery. Not much bite which isn’t necessarily bad. Aftertaste....still bananas and a bit of bread. Almost no alcohol taste present. A decent sessionable hefe and a bargain for the price. Good if you’re in the mood for something light.

2.99/5  rDev -7.4%

Nice looking beer, but too sweet and thick on the palate, especially in the aftertaste. A lot of esters and a kind of stickiness that doesn't sit well with me for this style of beer.

3.88/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

An interesting and mostly unknown Dutch Hefe I have found in some super market. I am pleasantly surprised by this...

And only 0.70€ the 50cl can.. Go and find it... Cheers!

2.72/5  rDev -15.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

500ml can

appearance: hazy orange, 2 to 3 fingers head.

smell: it's pretty weak, some banana, wheat and a slight citrusy profile.

taste: I found this to be really watery. Has a weird pineapple flavour. Up to this point it's the weakest hefeweizen I've tried.

mouthfeel: watery and very light.

Overall: weak in every aspect, don't want to drink it again. There are much better hefeweizens out there.

3.62/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

The CANQuest (tm) knows and has no boundaries! I found a guy in China (!) who now ships me CANs & this is one from the haul.

From the CAN: "Brewed in accordance with the German Purity Law"; "Traditionelle Deutsche Rezepte".

I pulled out my hefeweizen glass for this one & its size allowed for an inverted Glug following the Crack! I ended up with a pillowy, fluffy, three fingers of eggshell-white head that slowly descended into wisps. Color was a hazy-cloudy Amber (SRM = > 7, < 9). Nose had the familiar banana esters, but also a slight sourness. Hmmm. Mouthfeel was medium. The taste was decent, muted in terms of its banana, but that is fine with me. The trick was imparted to me in Green Bay, WI many years ago. Hefeweizen yeast is meant to be fermented as an ale, throwing the bubble gum & banana esters BUT if it is fermented as a lager, the clove esters come to the forefront & that is the style that I really dig! Dig? Jayzus, but this was easy-drinking! A 500-ml CAN half gone in the blink of an eye. F**ksake! It had a slight tang to it, especially on the finish, but to me, that was not a negative. I hate walking away from a hefeweizen thinking that I just drank a banana & chewed a wad of pink bubble gum while so doing. This had none of that bugger-all sweetness. It may not have been the cleanest beer, stylistically, but I try to balance taste & style in my reviews. Will you like it? I CANnot say, but I CAN tell you that I did.

3.47/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Hazy golden orange color with a thick head with good retention.
Bold aroma with predominant notes of banana, yeast and cloves. Hints of orange citrusy.
Flavor with the usual suspects, notes of banana, cloves, oranges, Weiss yeast and wheat malt. Dry aftertaste.
Medium to full body with proper carbonation.
Decent Hefeweizen, flavorful and within style, though no thrills or with unique character.

3.37/5  rDev +4.3%

0.5L can, 5.3% abv
Appearance: Light yellow, slightly cloudy, not as cloudy as other Weiss beers I have had. Poured with between one and two inches of dense foamy head, but the retention was average. Left nice rings down the glass.
Smell: Banana and other ester components, but less than expected.
Taste: Decent malty taste, with a nice acidic edge.
Mouthfeel: Not a full bodied weissbier. Average for the style.
Overall: Easy to drink, but I would probably pass it up if other weissbiers were available.

Weidmann Hefeweissbier (Hefetrüb) from Oranjeboom Bierbrouwerij B. V.
Beer rating: 78 out of 100 with 18 ratings