Boyband Barleywine | Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill

Style: English Barleywine

Added by Mavigo on 02-12-2013

3.75/5  rDev 0%

3.84/5  rDev 0%

I was at the brewpub the other day, they were out of their renowned Pirate Porter so I opted for this. It was served to me in a tulip.

A: Was a deep brown, maroon color, very murky with a short off white head, with small amounts of lacing.

S: Smelled of barley, malts, tinge of hops, but above all, booze.

T: Had quite a thickness to it, I wouldn't want to say syrupy, but more viscous. It's fairly bitter, alcohol is firmly present, has a bite from the hops, a slow sipper.

M: Full bodied with medium amounts of carbonation,

O: Overall, this was pretty good, but was sort of expensive, $8 for 10oz, it was happy hour but this was "exempt" from the discounts and was not specified on the menu with me finding out after I had drank it. So for being the most expensive on the menu, I think I would have rather gone for their sold out Pirate porter, which I still want. But still, it's a good beer and worth a try to everyone.

Boyband Barleywine from Black Forest Brew Haus & Grill