Wojak Super Mocny | Browar Belgia

Style: Euro Strong Lager

Added by mothman on 02-17-2009

Reviews by mothman:
4.02/5  rDev +5%

My friend brought this back from Poland for me.

Poured into Sam Adams Sensory Glass.

660 mL brown bottle. Black label. 3 gold stars on the label.

Color is a clear golden straw yellow. One finger head that dissipates quickly, leaving no lace.

The aroma is grainy, similar to an American macro lager. Some slight grassy hops. Taste is a lot similar to an ama, just like the smell. However, it is better than most I have had. It had kind of a honey taste. Kind of malty as well. I thought the taste was a lot better than most amas. Go Poland!

Mouthfeel is crisp and slightly bitter. Leaves a very very sticky aftertaste. Maybe a little undercarbonated.

Overall, I wasn't expecting too much from this beer, but it really impressed me. I wish this lager was made in the states and was easily accessible.

3.37/5  rDev -12%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

"Vo-yak super strong" Bought at a grocery store in Warsaw. Malty taste with a kick in the pants 9% abv. Poured into a lowball glass. Frothy head that disappears immediately. Smells like most lagers--no hops smell though. Not a bad beer--just grainy and boozey. Drinkable enough for this abv. This is the Polish equivalent of gas station malt liquor, but without the offensive artificial and skunky off-notes.

2.75/5  rDev -28.2%