Brace Face: Key Lime & Coconut

Added:
Dec 13, 2020
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Berliner Weisse with Key Lime & Toasted Coconut. Part 2 of the Brace Face series of rotating fruited berliners.
Recent ratings and reviews.
Reviewed by NeroFiddled from Pennsylvania

3.7/5  rDev -3.6%
Sideward Brewing "Brace Face: Key Lime & Coconut"
on tap at the brewery on 12/22/2020

The description for this beer reads "BERLINER WEISSE W/ KEY LIME JUICE & COCONUT". It's a hazy golden in color beneath a short head of white foam. As is normally the case with sour beers the head drops quickly and little lacing is left behind. It smells like lime juice, and to be completely honest, it tastes like lime juice. I like that but I have to say that an entire pint was more than a bit much, even for me. I didn't really find any of the coconut, and I'm assuming that was added to lend it some balance but it didn't do much to help balance the sourness. With that said, it was a little bit unbalanced, even for a sour beer. I still liked it, but as I've already said, it was a bit much. Towards the end of the glass I mixed it with some of their Orange Rolls (orange & cinnamon rolls sour) to balance it out.
Dec 23, 2020
Rated by robotic_being from Florida

3.98/5  rDev +3.6%
Extremely tart and acidic key lime but the toasted coconut is very subtle almost invisible. Super juicy.
Dec 13, 2020