Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Christoffel Double Hopped | Bierbrouwerij Sint Christoffel B.V

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Added by Brabander on 08-12-2011

4.5/5  rDev +29.3%

2.95/5  rDev -15.2%

I managed to get my hands on this beer in Bangalore, India - at an imported wine shop. I thoroughly liked this beer! While it pours a nice golden colour, you can definitely get a taste of the hops. No doubt, it is double hopped. The bitterness definitely lingers after every gulp.

3.25/5  rDev -6.6%

A - Pours a foggy golden colour, finger of head with solid retention and some spotty lacing.

S - Spicy earthy hops, with cedar and pine notes.

T - A little bland and one dimensional. The hop presence is subdued, but the earthy cedar notes come through. A bitterness lingers alongside a bit of leafy greens.

M - A tad thin for my liking, and the finish is rather dry.

O - Tasty but I wouldn't go out of my way to get another one.

3.4/5  rDev -2.3%

I got this beer from a son of my cousin. Thanks Michael! This beer stood a while in my fridge and last week it was time to open it. Best before december 2011.

Poured in my Struise glass. The fluid is darker yellow and it gives one finger head. No carbonation. Unfiltered and unpasteurized, open fermentation. Taste is a bit bitter at the end of a sip.

Christoffel Double Hopped from Bierbrouwerij Sint Christoffel B.V