Tropicberry Tart Deco Sour IPA

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: Tropicberry Tart Deco is a full-bodied sipper brewed with passionfruit, pink guava, and raspberries. This beer has intense tropical aromas, complemented by notes of lime zest and herbal tea. The flavorful tart, tropical fruit blend with the addition of lactose and Citra and Mosaic hops make Tropicberry Tart Deco intensely juicy. Tropicberry Tart Deco is pink-orange in color and has a long-lasting finish.
Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 5
4.91/5  rDev +10.6%

I mean wow. I saw this had no reviews and so I thought I'd baptize it. One of the best beers I've had to date. Tried this at Beer Run NYC.

It really does give Hudson Valley Brewery a run for its money... and apparently not a soul on this site has given it any recognition. Perhaps it's hard to come by, but after trying one I bought myself a 4-pack and strolled out the front door like a champion.

A couple of my mates who are knowledge-less in the booze dep't were blown away by this godly dessert beer. It's as if Aphrodite crafted this beer with pride and then had Zeus zap it for a bit of a tang.

I can't stress to you enough how well-hidden the ABV is. I know the sour ipa has become a trend, and I was beginning to think that maybe it was better in theory than it was in actuality. And then... I tried this.
The entire time I had forgotten that I was drinking a sour ipa. I thought this was a session resting somewhere between 4-5%. It wasn't until I had finished the damn thing that I looked at the can with wide eyes and pleasant surprise to see the 7.5% ABV.

I'm not typically fond of these reddish-purple beers, which is why I gave the look a 4.5/5. It reminds me too much of wine. But this was an exception. Also, the can presents a slick design, sporting a shade of green that I could marry. Do yourself a favor and hunt this down ASAP.

Tropicberry Tart Deco Sour IPA from Talea Beer Co.