Lösch-Zwerg Radler | Brauerei Josef Schimpfle

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Added by bgildea on 03-09-2012

Reviews by bgildea:
3.78/5  rDev +36.5%

The beer is described as a 50% of spicy fire-dwarf beer plus 50% Lemon. Which is a rough German translation of the label. I listed it as a spiced beer as I believe it is closer to that than a fruit beer, but if someone knows German better than me, please correct it.

A: Pours a very pale yellow almost clear color with a thin white head that dissipates quickly.

S: Strong aroma of citrus and lemon. It's quite clear that lemon is involved with this beer. The hops or barley scents are faint at best, the lemon really takes over the smell.

T: Wow, it starts off as almost a lemonade flavor, very strong lemon up front. The flavor moves into a small amount of barely flavor with the carbonation aiding in the taste. The beer finishes with a sweet almost syrupy flavor. Not my style of beer, but it is novel and enjoyable.

M: Very thin beer with almost no chew to it. I wasn't expecting too much chew to it considering the overall lightness of the beer.

O: Overall the beer was enjoyable as a novel beer. I doubt I could drink more than one of these before the sweetness killed me. I'd recommend it as almost an after dinner beer that complements some lemon squares or something.

2.24/5  rDev -19.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.03/5  rDev -26.7%

The beer is very pale yellow/straw has a large white head, good lacing. No curtains.

Smelling of soda pops, lemonade and corn flakes.

Sweet white bread and corn flakes, sugar, lemon marmalade, lemon juice. A short alkaloid bitterness.

Medium carbonation, large bubbles, slightly sticky, a short dry finish.

Too much lemonade, too little beer.

Lösch-Zwerg Radler from Brauerei Josef Schimpfle