Marthas Smokin’ Blonde | Martha's Exchange

Style: American Blonde Ale

Added by johnnnniee on 07-27-2012

3.7

3.7/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On tap at the source,
Comes to the table a hazy golden yellow color with a decent bone white head that shows great retention and moderate lace. Smells of bready caramel and toffee with a hint of smokey phenol and a slightly earthy hops aroma. The flavor follows the aroma, bready pilsner like malt flavor with earthy and floral hops and a light smokey phenol. Medium body with a moderate level of carbonation and a sweet watery mouthfeel. I guess I didn't initially pick up on the smokin reference of the name meaning its a beer with smoked malts. I kept drinking it saying what is that flavor and why is it in my blonde ale. Its a nice light smoked beer, but it really could be explained better in the description at the bar. I'd drink it again though.

Marthas Smokin’ Blonde from Martha's Exchange