Decades IPL | Morgan Street Brewery

Morgan Street Brewery
Missouri, United States
morganstreetbrewery.com

Style: American Pale Lager

Brewed to celebrate our 10th anniversary, Decades is an all Cascade hopped beer from bittering hop to dry hop. It has a dark amber color with an off-white head. The mouthfeel is medium bodied, and Decades has a medium level of carbonation. There is an unmistakable grassiness to this IPL which stems from dry hopping with whole leaf Cascade hops in the serving tank. Even though we have been established for 15 plus years now, Decades still has a place in our hearts and definitely on the beer menu. Join us in lifting a glass to our future success.

Added by MTNboy on 08-10-2008

Reviews by AlCaponeJunior:
3.55/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

On tap in St Louis.

"India pale lager"

Amber/red and clear, head and lacing weren't bad.

Fruity and hoppy, somewhat like a pale ale, with floral and citrus notes.

Crisp and light body with good carbonation.

I thought it was pretty good, although not outstanding.

3.5/5  rDev +9%

3.11/5  rDev -3.1%

I wish I would have known at the time I was going to be the one adding this to the web site. I did ask questions but my server did not know too much and the bartender said that this style of beer was a Lager IPA. Well, and that is just weird. Sorry I messed up and did not an ABV either.

Appearance- It has an average straw yellow color with a bit of an orange hue. It had large bubbles in the body but there was not much to the head or lace.

Smell- Slightly floral like an IPA but light.

Taste- Mildly bitter for an IPA but had very sour aftertaste.

Mouthfeel- Light and average.

Drinkability- Not bad, it went well with my food but honestly not something I would just order.

3.2/5  rDev -0.3%

3.26/5  rDev +1.6%

Pours a clear, red/amber color. 3/4 inch head of an off-white color. Great retention and decent lacing. Smells of floral hops, citrus (grape fruit), and sweet malt. Fits the style of an American IPA. Mouth feel is sharp and clean with an average carbonation level. There is also a noticeable dryness. Tastes of strong floral hops, citrus, sweet malt, slight pale malt, hint of earthiness, and a hint of spice. Overall, better body and blend than aroma.

2.74/5  rDev -14.6%

Reviewed 11/14/2008 (Tap sampler @ Morgan Street Brewery, St. Louis, MO): Pours a clear brown body. Some small white head, but it's soon diminishing. Grapefruity aroma, and some maltiness, but not very strong. Malty taste, and a somewhat hoppy aftertaste. Mostly malty, some nuttiness. More malty than hoppy. Has a somewhat creamy palate. Somewhat dry. Okay for a pale ale.

3.5/5  rDev +9%