Batch 100 Triple | Onion Pub & Brewery / Wild Onion Brewing Co.

Liked This Beer
4.15 w/ 2 ratings

Onion Pub & Brewery / Wild Onion Brewing Co.
Illinois, United States
onionpub.com

Style: Tripel

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by rhoadsrage on 05-04-2006

Liked:
4.15/5
Alströms:

4.5/5  rDev 0%

Tried this on tap at the Chicago Beer Society Brew Pub Shootout (2007).

I normally do not review festival beers, but I was so favorably impressed by this brew that I wanted to spread the good news (and this was in the context and in direct relation to the beers of such fine brewmasters as FFF, Floosmoor, Goose, Rock Bottom Chicago and Mickey Finn's)

The tripel had great fruity aroma, lovely golden color (slight hazy) and both sweetness and light spice. A really nice example of the form and very drinkable even though it was probably over 8%.

I am not sure where Lake Barrington is, but if I ever find myself there, I will head for this brewpub!

3.8/5  rDev 0%

(Served in a snifter)

A- This beer has a light golden orange body that is crystal clear with a white thin head that turns to a film after a bit. There is no carbonation visible and no lacing.

S- The smell of the beer hit me as the bartender set it in front of me. A big fruity, perfumy nose of pears and bubblegum with a faint fusel alcohol finish.

T- The soft taste of slightly sweet pale malt has big flavors of fresh pears and some faint bubblegum notes. As it warms the flavor becomes more banana and less bubblegum. It really starts to remind me of banana Laffy Taffy. There is a pretty hot alcohol flavor at the finish.

M- This beer has a medium-light mouthfeel with a fizz texture in the finish and a alcohol heat that hangs on.

D- This beer has quite the off flavors. It taste like a cross between a Triple and a Wit. The flavors were interesting and enjoyable just not what I have ever tasted in a Triple.

Batch 100 Triple from Onion Pub & Brewery / Wild Onion Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 0 out of 100 with 2 ratings