Boréale Imperial | Brasseurs Du Nord Inc.

Awaiting More Ratings
Boréale ImperialBoréale Imperial

Brasseurs Du Nord Inc.
Quebec, Canada
boreale.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by spinrsx on 06-16-2014

3.9/5  rDev -3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

L: Rather dark for an IPA. Amber in color. One finger head. Great retention and lacing. Yeast forms a cloud in the beer.

S: The best part of the beer IMO. Tropical fruit, a fair bit of pineapple, and maybe a bit of caramel malt.

T: More malt forward than I would expect of an IPA. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of roast malt in this beer (I.e: Victory, Special Roast, etc..). Caramel comes through quite prominently. The hops are also there and bitterness is firm. Citra was definitely a player in this beer; tropical flavours come through.

F: Good body. Carbonation is just a bit too high in my opinion.

O: This beer was pretty good and I'm happy I bought it. The malt could be backed off a bit and I generally have preference for lighter colored IPAs, but it was good overall.

4.34/5  rDev +8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Draft: Poured a light hazy yellow color ale with a large foamy head with good retention and some lacing. Aroma consists of nice floral hoppy notes with light flower scent also noticeable. Taste is also dominated by nice fresh floral notes with some resin and herbal notes also perceptible. Body is pretty full with great carbonation. I just absolutely love the floral aroma in this one and I think they should put this in can ASAP so I don’t have to chase down those uber-rare IPA anymore.

3.25/5  rDev -19.2%

Boréale Imperial from Brasseurs Du Nord Inc.