Drop It Like A Hop | Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant

Availability: Spring

Added by Imstillthegman on 03-21-2007

Reviews by kernalklink:
4.07/5  rDev 0%

Brew poured a crisp amber-brown with a decently sized head and lacing which lasted the duration. Good crisp hop aromas dominate the chocolatey roasted malt in the backround. Taste was refreshing- earthy hops, somewhat oily dominate the tastebuds but are then cooled down by a slight mocha malt sweetness. Carbonation is moderate and lends some lightness to the robust body. Iron hill makes great use of their hops, ive never had a brew there that was unpleasant in that respect and this one shines as an example. Very nicely hopped brown ale which is hop-heavy but in a good, refreshing way.

4.22/5  rDev 0%

I stopped by Iron Hill this afternoon to celebrate my returning home from Detroit with delays at all. Since I don't remember the last time that happened, I figured a celebration was in order...plus I was hungry. Anyway, this hoppy brown ale came to me in my mug club members mug so the color I am assuming was, uh, brown. I noticed some decent looking lacing ringing the to of the mug. The aroma was a near perfect blend of the roasted, chocolaty malts and the citrus smelling hops. I was surprised by the even amount of both parts in the smell...well done. Good flavor to boot. Citrus hops start and finish with a nice smooth sweet roasted malt middle. Medium bodied with spot on carbonation. Two mugs of this one went down really nicely and more of it wouldn't have been a problem.

Drop It Like A Hop from Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant