Octagon | Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant

Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant
United States
ironhillbrewery.com

Style: Quadrupel (Quad)

Belgian Quadrupel. Rich, dark, malty and very complex. Belgian Abbey yeast, dark candi sugar and a huge assortment of specialty malts create layers of complex fruity aromas and a warming finish.

Added by MasterSki on 03-01-2012

4.33/5  rDev +39.2%

Had on tap earlier this week at the Iron Hill in west chester.

Although I only sampled this beer I think a full review is neccessary.
The color was a deep brown similar to coffee. maybe a notch darker than 3 philosophers.
I wasn't really able to fully smell due to the sample glass i was given compared to the snifter that it was normally being served in.
the mix between malty sweetness and light carbonation hid any boozy characteristics until the last sip. I'm not sure about the actual alcohol content but the bartended said that it was 13%. If octogon is 13% then Iron Hill has officially redeemed themselves for me because this beer was excellent.

Octagon from Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant