Cocoa-Nut Single | Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant

Added by Rifugium on 05-12-2012

3.75/5  rDev 0%

3.92/5  rDev 0%

First had: on tap at Iron Hill, Media, PA

This was an interesting selection. Labeled as a Belgian-style single (I'll call it a Belgian pale for lack of a better...style), brewed with cocoa and 75 pounds of coconut.

I haven't seen coconut used in anything other than porters and stouts, so when this beer came out, it's appearance was quite intriguing. Hazy, pale, copper color with a small cap of white head. Aroma was pretty much pure coconut. Personally, I'm not a fan of coconut at all, but if you are, you'd love this brew. Taste was a good blend of real coconut, light Belgian yeast and spices, with a surprisingly creamy cocoa nib presence mid-palate; finish was herbal and dry. Light-medium body, and very interesting all over. This isn't something I'd want a full glass of, as I'm not a coconut fan (it was my wife's choice actually), but for what it is, it's very good.

Cocoa-Nut Single from Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant