Shamrock Stout | Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery

Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery
Illinois, United States
flossmoorstation.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by crayphish on 03-18-2007

Liked:
3.78/5
Alströms:

3.78/5  rDev 0%

For St Patrick's day Flossmoor brewed a batch of their Iron Horse Stout and let it age with some mint leaves. I had one with my dinner last evening. The beer arrived in a goblet and appeared jet black with a nice dark tan head. Lots of sticky lacing. The mint shows up a little in the nose, though not as much as I expected. The chocolate and smokey malt seem to over power the mint. The mint is a bit more detectable in taste than it was in the smell. Chocolate and the toasted malt again grab most of the attention. Some coffee as well. Mouthfeel was full and creamy. Thick. I found it to be an excellant brew to enjoy my "Brew-Ben" sandwich with. I went it to it looking for more mint, none the less a great stout.

Shamrock Stout from Flossmoor Station Restaurant & Brewery