Festina Lente | Picobrouwerij Alvinne

Liked:
3.35/5
Alströms:

3.35/5  rDev 0%

Pours a very dark brown, with a hint of red around the edges of my tulip glass. Small tan head, small bubbles, leaves spots of lacing.

Smell is overpoweringly intense. Smells sweet, spicy, fruity. I'll take a stab - cherries, molasses, alfalfa, and cumin, for starters.

Somewhat medicinal flavor, like menthol. There's also cocoa, apricots, cumin, and I don't know what else. Licorice, at least. Complicated and unusual flavor for beer; reminds me of spiced coffee I had in Morocco. Not much bitterness, sweet/herbal finish.

Feels syrupy, but fizzy at the same time.

Interesting, but tough to drink much of it. A good bottle to share with friends, many friends per bottle.

Festina Lente from Picobrouwerij Alvinne