Triomf

SCORE
n/a
Notes: None
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews.
Reviewed by JonnoWillsteed from England

2.81/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5
A ps I'll add up front on this first review of the beer: Note this is a distinct and separate beer from 'Triomfbier Vooruit'. It is not smoked, and it's lable describes it (rough translation) as 'Organic amber beer with a base of malt whisky'. I can't say I noticed the latter.

Blind-tasted except for the beer's name and brewery/country, zero reviews below read (yet!)...
L- Probably quite dark amber though it's very hazy and it becomes harder to judge. The bottle was well rested and gently poured to the sediment lifts easily with another layer left in the bottle. Froms head quickly (take the pour easy) and settles with a 5mm off-white head.
S- The beer seems to have mild Belgian ester notes, subtle overall though.
T- Ooph, sour! It reminds me of a lambic or geuse style beer which are often too dry or sour for me. It seems to have a timber or barrel-aged note to it - odd for a beer that shows little ABV%
F- Light/thin, notably sour and dry.
O- Not for me though I can finish it. It lacks any richness or reward on the palate, ie it comes over as austerely sourdry.
Review/scoring all done, now the reveal, I get to read the bottle lables to see what I missed! Contains 'barley malt and wheat syrup'... I can't say I've ever seen the latter listed before and have no idea even of what it is.
330ml bottle BB: 12/21 Euro2.20 Bought from BeerMania/Belgium as part of a large pick-your own consignment to London. #1869.
Triomf from Brasserie Dupont sprl