Arctic Cloudberry Imperial Wheat | Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Delaware, United States
dogfish.com

Style: Wheatwine

This limited release beer was brewed at the Rehoboth Beach brewpub with over 250 lbs of precious CLOUDBERRIES! We used the finest wheat malt to complement their tart character, and 2005 Sterling hops to enhance their spice.

Added by sacfly on 01-02-2006

3.88/5  rDev -8.7%

I had this on tap at Firewaters in Glen Mills at a DFH tasting night. It poured a clear yellow with some reddish tints and no head in a pint glass. I picked up a sent of raspberry and some astringent alcohol. The body is kind of thin, very carbonated and refreshing. The taste reminds me of an extra tart honeycrisp apple. Real interesting beer.

4.25/5  rDev 0%

Recommended by friends, sounded interesting… What the hey, it’s new years. Served a clear, light yellow color with a hint of red.

Smell was slightly sweet with a nice subtle berry note, possibly sweet apple as well. Taste is “soft”… that is the first word that came to mind. Again, very light texture, smooth mouthfeel and a light cranberry and maybe a hint of candy apple. Aftertaste is slightly tart.

Everything about this beer was delicate. Later on I found out that it clocked in at 8.5% ABV and I could not believe it. I would have guessed 4.5-5%, but I should have guessed knowing DFH. Very interesting.

Give it a try while you can if you are in the DE area. It is only available at the brewpub (kind of like Fort last year). Perhaps this will be in bottles next year???

Arctic Cloudberry Imperial Wheat from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery