Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Cambridge House Dave's Pale Ale | The Cambridge House Brewpub

4.23/5
Exceptional

The Cambridge House Brewpub
Connecticut, United States
cbhgranby.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Availability: Summer

Added by sraimondi on 08-11-2007

4.52/5  rDev +6.9%

My goodness is that a tasty APA... I can't wait to go back for more..
Creamy white head that reduced to a lingering lacing.
Smooth hoppy smell
Taste sooo good... refreshing.. When you drink this you know you are drinking an APA. Nice West Coast example
Didn't have that Grapefruit taste to it... good, I could use a break from that..

This was one of my favorites from The Cambridge House... I could drink this over and over again in one sitting... Great Session brew..

4.08/5  rDev -3.5%

Draught @ Brewpub: This one pours a cloudy coppery color. There was a small off-white head on it, which left some lacing. The aroma is nice. The hops are a bit subdued, but very obvious. I get some pine and grapefruit, but they don’t really stand out as overpowering. The taste is quite good. There is some biscuity malts in there, as well as subdued hops. It is only slightly bitter, with a bit of a dry finish. Very tasty.

4.08/5  rDev -3.5%

This one dropped yesterday at CBH.

A: Cloudy, deep amber with about a 1" head which dissipates to some spot lacing, which hangs on for a bit.

S: Some floral, pine notes, but not overpowering.

T: Upon first sip, very balanced. Definite malt backbone (however, not sweet) with a very nice hop bite throughout and into the finish. Not "hop oily" as is the case with many APAs.

M: Interesting. A bit thin at first taste, becoming fuller & satisfying in the finish.

D: Very sessionable. May become my new day to day brew.

The description mentions a western style pale ale; and this is right on. I understand that this is the first use of Palisades hops at CBH (??). Another very solid beer from Dave. Somewhere between the CBH ESB and IPA and quite tasty. The balance is what sets this one apart from alot of other APAs I have had. Reminiscent of SN Pale and Dale's Pale Ale, although a bit less piney. Drop in and try this one, I don't think you will be disappointed. A WINNER!!!

Cambridge House Dave's Pale Ale from The Cambridge House Brewpub