Tumwater White Water Double IPA | Fish Brewing Company / Fishbowl Brewpub

fishbrewing.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by zeff80 on 01-29-2017

3.69/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Good golden-brown clarity, lacking dominant hop aroma, but taste is of strong grassy hops with bitter finish that smooths as the temp warms. Overall worth it for the money as is available at Aldi for about $6-7 per six-pack.

4.31/5  rDev +19.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

2.09/5  rDev -42.1%

DO NOT BUY THIS! I checked online before buying an Aldi brand IPA, but I was fooled!

This stuff tastes bad! My best description is that it smells like it's an IPA, but the hop taste seems like it's added as a syrup or something, with a little dirt aftertaste. This stuff is not good!

I can't even give it away, because anyone who knows that an IPA is supposed to taste like wouldn't drink this and any swill drinking friends of mine won't touch an IPA. I'm about to commit the ultimate sin & dump the remaining 4 3/4 bottles (I had to take it once more before wasting it).

And just to say where I stand, my favorite IPA is Sweetwater IPA.

4.3/5  rDev +19.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

3.5/5  rDev -3%

3.77/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

So I found this at Aldi. It's not a great Imperial IPA. It runs a little too malty and a little unbalances. However, it's not bad and it's very affordable at $7.49 for a six pack.

Tumwater White Water Double IPA from Fish Brewing Company / Fishbowl Brewpub