Keepin' It Peel
Ellicottville Brewing Co.

Keepin' It PeelKeepin' It Peel
Beer Geek Stats: | Print Shelf Talker
Style:
English India Pale Ale (IPA)
Ranked #75

Year-round
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Keepin' It PeelKeepin' It Peel
Notes: This invigorating and well-hopped IPA carries a vibrant bang of juicy & tangy grapefruit and lime peel without venturing off the path of a solid, every-day IPA.
Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 16
3.58/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

NIce, hazy orange body; decent head, rocky and sticky. Very good pine and citrus aroma blend; spicy. Evenly balanced presentation of malt and hop notes; rather subdued on both counts. Medium-heavy body; somewhat juicy with a dry edge.

A solid IPA.

3.34/5  rDev -13.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

L: cloudy almost murky light amber, 1finger head w/little lacing. S: strong grapefruit and lime upfront and overbearing. T: Follows the smell..very little transition time to a light bitter end. I can't find any malt to smooth out the transition to the bitter. M: Best part of the beer IMO. Carbonation is good all the way through. O: If one likes a citrus beer...this is a good beer to try.

3.75/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Hazy yellow with a fat off white head. Lots of scattered bubbles on the rise. Nose is sumptuous with hops. Grapefruit and tangy lime. Then you realize that was the fruit peel. Grapefruit peel in beer is like a musky headdy scent. The lime smells more pungent but sweet. so tangy. The herbal is softly sweet and no caramel. I tried hard to find some and I even think I imagined a little. Round medium body. Soft creamy pale malt. wonderful fruity flavor with almost dank grasses to touch the roof of your mouth. Hop bitter is playful and not too forceful. herbal is a touch catty but just enough. The lime is dominant. finishes with just a touch of sweetness. Excellent! However, I would not call this an english pale ale. There is no caramel at all. Cheers!

I would have given this all 4's except for the word English.

Definitely my favorite IPA on the market right now. My local place is having a bit of a rough time getting it in stock they claim due to high demand but I've been able to snag it twice. It's on order for me and look forward to my next case! In the time time being I'll enjoy my last six pack! The citrus flavor isn't overbearing but very present. The IPA flavor isn't too hoppy and balanced perfect with the citrus sours. Goes down easy, isn't too powerful ABV. Fantastic Spring/Summer beer to chill on the deck/patio with!

Keepin' It Peel from Ellicottville Brewing Co.
Beer rating: 83 out of 100 with 16 ratings