Double Fest Imperial Munich Style Helles Lager | Ellicottville Brewing Co.

3.83/5

ellicottvillebrewing.com

Style: Munich Helles Lager

Added by oberon on 11-24-2008

3.83/5  rDev 0%

8%ABV,36 IBU's.My inlaws brought this down for me from western NY,and this is a first time for me trying this extreme of the style.Poured into a pilsner a light to medium golden with a burnt orange tint,a fluffy extremely clingy white head atop.Alot of complexity in the nose,a toasty caramel base sticks out along with some spicey hallertau hops and some citrus notes.Flavors have almost a lactic sourness to it wich I found a bit odd,it mellowed after drinking some of it.A grilled pineapple-like flavor and sweetness sticks out along with some caramel and wet grain to compliment that sour bite.A bit odd but pretty good.

Now I liked this beer but like their western NY brethern Southern Tier, Eville is making wich is essentially a double version of a helles lager,I dont see the need for it.

Double Fest Imperial Munich Style Helles Lager from Ellicottville Brewing Co.