Twain's Cocoa Stout | Twain's Billiards and Tap

Twain's Billiards and Tap
Georgia, United States
twains.net

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by glid02 on 01-06-2009

3.91/5  rDev 0%

New offering from Twain's - I thought I remembered a forum post saying it was aged on cocoa nibs but I couldn't find it. Maybe, maybe not. Not sure of the ABV.

Pours black with a one-finger brown head. The head is dark and frothy and eventually recedes into a wispy layer of bubbles on an oily top and a medium-sized ring around the glass. Lacing is pretty sticky.

Smells lightly of both roasted malts and bitter dark chocolate. I'd like a more pungent chocolate aroma, especially after taking a sip.

Tastes very good. Roasted and sweet malts up front, followed by a healthy dose of dark chocolate. The chocolate gives way to the roasted malts, then takes back over at the end, having an active part in the bitter ending.

Mouthfeel is good. It's got a good thickness and the carbonation is solid, but it's not exceptionally smooth.

Drinkability is good. I had no problem finishing mine and neither did anyone else at my table.

Overall this is a good chocolate stout with room to get better. I'd be interested to see how letting this one sit for a while would effect it.

Twain's Cocoa Stout from Twain's Billiards and Tap