Love Belgian Beer?

Join us Sep 17 in Portland, Maine for Return of the Belgian Beer Fest, featuring hundreds of authentic Belgian beers and Belgian-inspired offerings!

Tickets + more: beeradvocate.com/belgian

Style: English Stout

Added by WGO on 03-18-2014

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
1.52/5  rDev n/a

Sorry guys, but this beer is infected. I got it in Bangkok and wish I could return it, but I've travelled on with no chance to return in the near future. FYI BBD: 15JAN2016, almost a year away.

A: Dark brown with a ruby tinge. No head, flat. A little foam near the end but it disappears fast.

S: Black olives. Balsamic vinegar. I wish this were a wild ale, but its not.

T: If I were drinking an American Wild Ale, due to the colour and taste, I would vaguely be reminded of Tart of Darkness, to a much lesser degree. Instead I get sour, balsamic, little toasted notes, and I'm not taking another sip due to the fact its infected.

M: Medium bodied, acidic tartness. Crisp dry finish.

O: So disappointed. I paid 239 Baht (steep for even an imported beer in Thailand) at Villa Market. I was excited to try a rare one, but will I ever get another chance for this brew to redeem itself? I wish it were a sour, and I'd be enjoying it on my beach vacation.

1913 Cornish Stout from St. Austell Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.