Green Man Organic IPA | Elysian Brewing Company

elysianbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Added by ccrida on 08-18-2009

2.46/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

6% ABV made with NW 2-row, Munich, 60 L Crystal and Carfahell malt. Simcoe bittering hops, Centennial and Amarillo finishing hops. 1.062 SG.

Chestnut with an off-white head leaving decent lace. Don't like dark IPAs though.

Smell is malty, fresh mushrooms...uh, IPA?

Taste is also malty, some spicy hops but really not getting the big flavors of the classic NW hops that are listed. There is a sharp tang to it that isn't working for me at all.

Mouthfeel is sharp, medium bodied.

Drinkability is low. I didn't like this at all, and didn't finish, to tangy. This was a miss, I sent most of it back, I hoped they wouldn't charge me (Elysian Fields), but of course they did. So I forced it down!

Green Man Organic IPA from Elysian Brewing Company