Rosemary's Baby | Elysian Brewing Company

Added by imbibehour on 08-15-2011

3.5/5  rDev 0%

3.53/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured on tap at Pizza Paradiso Dupont DC into a tumbler.

An off white caramel hued head with a creamy appearance sits on a dark brown amber with subtle orange and a hazy body. While drinking nice concentric circle sheets of lacing line the glass. Impressive, if not a little dull.

Bouquet is salty and herbal for the nose. Interesing herbal tea (is that chamomile????) But small and weak. Doesn't feel like rosemary to me (I have a giant rosemary bush in front of my house).

Light malts on taste not very toasty, but bringing the salty character and tea like herbacious qualities to the palate. Has a sticky dry resinous texture sometimes on the finish but also wet too. Strange combination! Not particularly hoppy.

Overall it doesn't smell or taste like rosemary to me, it tastes more English than American. It's not particularly hoppy either so it seems quite muted for an American IPA. Interesting but very odd, I would drink this again over some ordinary offerings but I've had much more interesting beer. I was hoping this one would also be a little more fun. In the end it's ok.

Rosemary's Baby from Elysian Brewing Company