Mr. Yuck Sour Pumpkin Ale

Rotating
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Good
Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 29 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
3.24/5  rDev -8.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Elysian Gourd Fest '14 at Bittercreek... I made my way through 8-9 of these tonight and this was one of the only ones I thought garnered any interest... Hazy golden with nice enough white head.

Nose is weird... a bunch of apricot and lesser gourd elements... no spices and overly sweet IMO, smells more like apricot nectar than anything else.

Flavor is MUCH more dry... dusty with big hints of the above apricot and a bit more squash.. not sour at all.

LIght bodied and pretty drinkable... Nothing like I was expecting from either a pumpkin beer or a sour... soooo very weird, and unfortunately that gets a big knock from me.

3.5/3.25/3.25/3.5/3

3.04/5  rDev -14.4%

Pours orange with little head.

Smell is sweet, tart, sugary.

Taste is mild, a bit hoppy, a bit like orange juice.

It’s decent, but I had no idea it was a pumpkin sour until I saw the listing on here, there’s nothing about it that screamed pumpkin to me except maybe the color.

3.66/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I love it but this is funky. On tap at The Blue Tusk. Wild strong aromas, traditional pumpkin beer tastes are there in the secondary. Sweaty spit taste. Wildest pumpkin beer ever had.No head on light brown body. Golden yellow body with zero head. Probably better with food.

Mr. Yuck Sour Pumpkin Ale from Elysian Brewing Company