Rye Zone | Elysian Brewing Company

Elysian Brewing Company
Washington, United States
elysianbrewing.com

Style: Rye Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beertunes on 10-24-2012

3.75/5  rDev 0%

3.1/5  rDev 0%

Served in straight pint glass. My beer was very cloudy, almost chunky, probably from the keg being shook up just before serving. Other beers that were later were more clear, but still pretty hazy. The beer was an orange amber color with less than 1/2 inch of light tan head that had OK retention and decent lace.

The aroma was hops in front and a nice malt scent behind that. The Rye was present, but wasn't as bold as I had hoped. The Rye showed up better on the tongue than it did in the nose. The beer was basically a solid Rye IPA, and tasted about how you'd expect.

The body was a bit fuller than average, which was nice, but a bitter finish took away some enjoyment. Drinkability was OK and overall I found this to be a good, but not great brew. I'll try to get another pint on tap, and if needed I'll adjust my review.

Rye Zone from Elysian Brewing Company