Zest Is Best | Rudgate Brewery Limited

Style: English Bitter

Added by BlackHaddock on 12-05-2013

2.3/5  rDev 0%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Hand-pulled half-pint in 'Chequers' Oxford during a pub crawl on 23rd Nov 13.

This is a subjective rate/review, can't be objective anymore with this type of UK beer.

Everything I dislike about some of the UK brewers currently: so many are producing citrus tasting, low alcohol light golden beers it's beyond a joke. This is typical of the style. The trouble is everybody else (well almost everybody) likes them. Rudgate are majoring on the popularity and bringing out about four differently named beers per month all of which are very, very samey in looks, aroma and taste.

I didn't buy this, it wasn't my round: the bloke that did got a bollicking off me, especially as he knew my thoughts on these beers!

I can't knock the looks to greatly, it was golden, bright and clear, almost lager like in fact, it's just the smell and flavour I'm fed up with.

Zest Is Best from Rudgate Brewery Limited