Carls Ale (- 2009) | Carlsberg Danmark A/S

Awaiting More Ratings

Carlsberg Danmark A/S
Denmark
carlsbergdanmark.dk

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Availability: Summer

Added by bark on 05-05-2006

Reviews by AlexTheAleMan:
3.46/5  rDev 0%

Had on tap in Copenhagen at Cafe Victor.

According to BA the beer is retired and therefore it may have been a bit old.

When served the beer had a wonderful clear, light, amber, color and a two finger white head. The head quickly dissipates to a little bit of white foam. Looks good!

The beer doesn't have a very strong smell. I get notes of sweet caramel and red apples.

This beer tastes a lot like red apples, red apples, red apples, a little bit like grassy grain, and a little bit like red apples. Other than that its not too flavorful just light (perfect for the danish market) but not bitter enough to be an american pale ale.

The mouthfeel is light like a danish lager not big and full like an american pale ale.

Drinkability is where this beer shine's. It is just as drinkable as all the light danish lagers but in my opinion tastes a little bit better. I could drink these all night long.

I wouldn't really call this an american pale ale, a more fitting name would be a danish pale ale. I did like it but i miss my american beer a lot and this didn't quite the spot like a nice SNPA would have.

Carls Ale (- 2009) from Carlsberg Danmark A/S