Dry Hopped Commodore Perry | Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Great Lakes Brewing Co.
Ohio, United States
greatlakesbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Added by buschbeer on 05-23-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 14
4.05/5  rDev +1%

A firkin of this beer was tapped at the Old Bag of Nails in Mansfield so I had to take some home.

32oz growler
Served in a pint glass

A - It pours amber with an orange center. It is hazy and I got a film of off white head.

S - I get some citrus and mango. I also get some hints of pine.

T - The taste is orange, mango, and grapefruit. I get more of a bitter finish than with Commodore Perry.

M - Medium

O - It seems to have more bitterness than the standard Commodore Perry. It tasted even more bitter from the firkin. My growler was in the fridge for three days before I opened it, but it seems to have faded a bit already, probably due to a not so tight seal. I should have checked. It was a treat to try a limited edition beer from GLBC though. The GL rep said it was dry hopped with an experimental hop variety that was not named.

Dry Hopped Commodore Perry from Great Lakes Brewing Co.