Lake Erie Monster With Simcoe | Great Lakes Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Added by buschbeer on 05-25-2013

3.25/5  rDev -22.1%

4.19/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

This was served from a firkin at the Old Bag of Nails in Mansfield for American Craft Beer Week.

64 ounce growler
Served in a tulip glass

A - It is orange with golden highlights. It is hazy. I get very little beige head.

S - I get lots of fresh citrus. Tangerine seems to stand out. There is also some pine. I get some whiffs of alcohol.

T - I notice a lot of citrus on the taste, as well. Then I get that bitter, metallic taste that I associate with simcoe hops. There is some pine on the finish.

M - Pretty full for an IPA

O - It was a nice surprise to try this since I showed up expecting Alberta Clipper. It has more flavor than LEM, but it was dry hopped with simcoe, so that is to be expected. I love trying ANYTHING from Great Lakes. They make great beers and are churning out some great new ones to add to the lineup.

Lake Erie Monster With Simcoe from Great Lakes Brewing Co.