U.S. – I.P.A. | 21st Amendment Brewery

Style: American IPA

Added by BeerAdvocate on 04-20-2003

Reviews by beerguy101:
3.88/5  rDev -1.3%

Tasted at the Bistro IPA fest 2003. Orange gold color. Medium head. Aroma is grapefruity and a touch floral, very hoppy. A medium bodied IPA. Malts are fruity and slightly sweet. Hops are fairly bold, grapefruity and piney. A nicely balanced IPA. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is clean and smooth. Aftertaste is bitter.

3.5/5  rDev -10.9%

[email protected] Amendment Brewery, Restaurant and Bar. Both grape and grapefruit are present. Pretty typically hoppy aromatic American IPA, lotsa flavour, but not high on depth of character. I quite liked it, not too challenging and very more-ish, medium bitterness to finish.

Light amber in color, little head and a smattering of lace. decent piney aroma, and a hoppy bite on the taste buds. Full bodied and somewhat drinkable, though I have had many better IPA's. I was a bit let down by this brew, a local beer newspaper had rated this beer very highly. I could take it or leave it. Maybe it was a little too mainstream for me. I had this beer actually at the pub and it was better than it was off site. Good hop aroma and taste. Very drinkable, enjoyed much more this time around.

4.31/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.97/5  rDev +1%

Served with a 2 cm white head that slowly thinned to a nice lacy covering on the beer. Posted on the wall was a sign statign that the beer is 7% ABV and 72 IBUs. The aroma is sweet and hoppy as expected for an IPA.

The taste is floral hoppiness with a sweet and tart component, The floral flavor is a lot like a rosy flavor. There is also a crisp malt finish to the beer. It is a very tasty IPA that could be a daily drinker for anyone who frequents the 21st Amendment Brewery often. Excellent representation of the IPA style and since I was with a friend who is not a BA, I used it to illustrate the key points of an IPA.

U.S. – I.P.A. from 21st Amendment Brewery