Fantôme Noire De Noire | Brasserie Fantôme

3.5/5  rDev -10%

3.75/5  rDev -3.6%

3.5/5  rDev -10%

3.94/5  rDev +1.3%

1997 bottle that has been cellared on its side since it was purchased. It made its way to a recent tasting. Cork and capped bottle.

A - Black body with a nice off-white head. Good lacing retention, really fantastic for the age.

S - Lots of mushrooms and musty sourness, dark malts in the background. Very interesting aroma. I was a little worried upon smelling it, especially since it smelled so strongly of mushrooms.

T - Funky mushrooms, dark malts and tart fruit kick with saison spices. Not like anything I've experienced before. It was like mixing a minority amount of saison with a majority amount of infected stout. Oxidation didn't seem evident.

M - Good medium feel.

O - I enjoyed this, but I was going in with the lowest possible expectations. I think some others at the tasting were less impressed. The appearance was wonderful, the smell and flavors were unique. It was really cool to try a stout from Fantome, which is still confusing to me. I wish that I could have tried it fresh.

Fantôme Noire De Noire from Brasserie Fantôme