Alternative Brews Raspberry Porter | CB Craft Brewers

CB Craft Brewers
New York, United States
cbsbrewing.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by LucaBrasi on 03-26-2006

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by LucaBrasi:
3.84/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

Went on a tour today and the gentleman giving the tour stated this beer is now exclusively offered at Alternative Brews of Amherst, NY. If you check the website of Alternative Brews you will not find this beer listed, as of today the list is from 2005. I'm assuming that it hasn’t been updated. In fact it isn’t on the Custom Brewcrafters Website Either. The story was one bar/restaurant ordered this brew then canceled the deal and Alternative picked it up. I'm not totally sure on the facts so don't hold me to that.

Here is the review:

Poured from a growler it’s a dark in color if held to the light you might detect a hint of a red/brown. The head is chocolaty tan color, good looking and will disappear in a reasonable time. You will find a ring of lacing but it quickly sinks back into the beer.

The smell is good like raspberries and dark malts. You will immediately know its raspberries in the brew when you smell it.

The first thing you taste is raspberries not overpowering, I would say a good balance, after that initial taste you can pick up other characteristics of a porter, a maltyness even a ever so slight bitter coffee like feel left on the tongue.

Mouthfeel is on the lighter side not as thick as other porters. The carbonation is also good a gentle tingle flows as you sip this brew.

Drinkability is good I couldn’t wait to get home and break open the growler.

Hearing the words Raspberry and Porter together I was a bit offended at first, I began to have flashbacks of fruit beers I have sampled...not positive flashbacks either. But after I sampled the beer I was pleasantly surprised and ended up taking home a growler...I believe I said that earlier. Anyway This was my first real experience with a verity of Custom Brewcrafters I recommend you stop by if you are in the area pick up a growler or two you wont be disappointed.

Alternative Brews Raspberry Porter from CB Craft Brewers