Bennator | Schwerter Brauerei Wohlers KG

Style: Bock

Added by BlackHaddock on 03-16-2012

Reviews by jesseejames:
3.75/5  rDev -6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This is one of the better strong German beers.
Pours a nice amber brown color with a great head that lasts.
Really great malty taste well balanced for a high alcohol ator beer.
Nice smooth mouth with a nice malty aftertaste that begs you to have another

4.35/5  rDev +9%

International Green Week, Berlin 2012: our second day and Hall 21b took us to Sachsen and Nordrhein-Westfalen where I was drawn to a brewery bar selling Landskron Pilsner; I wandered around drinking my Pilsner and noticed the Meissener Schwerter Privatbrau stand (correct name of the brewery) and bar, draught Bock catching my eye. Returning my empty Pilsner glass and getting my deposit back from the Landskrone bar I hot footed it back to the Bock pump and asked for one of these.

0.3 Litre poured into a cute little handled mug; amber/brown body with a well formed head of beige foam on top.

The aroma was of malty molasses: caramel and toffee apples.

The taste also malty, with the same flavours as the smell, add a faint trace of alcohol and a mini bitterness from the hops and you’ve got a very nice Bock indeed. Good body depth and strength, this is right up there with the best ‘ator’ beers.

3.87/5  rDev -3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

poured from a 500ml bottle into a willybecher

a - clear and strong amber colour with a thick head

s - smells very malty and fruity with hints of toffee

t - very well balanced malts and slightly hoppy aftertase

m - unexpected fresh and light body with a soft carbonation

o - an "easy to drink" Bock, not only for winter evenings